Wednesday 22 August 2012

Army Boy 1


Infantry Day 1.

knn. no one sent me off. all holidaying in Korea.
fuk it. lol. eddie send me off at 8am I think. CMPB. shit. I still had 70% alcohol 30% blood in me. I don’t think I gave a shit really. (already did my right hand sampar thing a few weeks ago).
hence the start of my NS times. fukin drunk.

from that place,  never got shouted at. up the truck, never got shouted at too. guess there were still parents around. sisters too for some. even saw a boy kiss his boy good bye. hey ho all sorts I guess.

Drove to some supply base place. got our shit together. went into some large green bag thinge.

Trucked to some part of changi. they call it commando jetty. did not look so commando to me lei. run down looking concrete slab out into the water.
got off the trucks. the shouting started hehe. boy was there much. the kind, smiling ppl in camos were now not so kind nor smiley. think they turned into loud, vulgar ppl in camos.
their main aim was just to break us down into groups I think. I guessed so. we cant all fit into one boat load to cross that stretch of water to Pulau Tekong ( from hence known as PulauT ).

nice sunny day`s ride on a RPL ( rapid personnel landing? fuk knows now). clear skies. like on holiday lik dat. fishing off mersing. not. Passed the small one, tekong kechi?

arr. )) lalang jetty. here we come! landing on you for the frist time ever!
like on holiday, they have transport to bring you to your hotel. I must say, very nice of the saf to do that.) this cant be all that bad can it nick? nice holiday camp. very healty with all the greens around, much oxygen on this island resort. the only thing was the insistent shouting by the fukers in green. wish they`ed stfu.

Fuk me. got to the hotel. man, the shouting. Suddenly it rose. fuk lol.! seems like every fuker in green is having a shouting competition.  trying to drown out each other.
well, I looked at the guy to my left. he looked back. the chap on my right. he looked back too. we shrugged our shoulders. “they like shouting hor. knn all shout at same time we hear wad sia?” goondus.

I was warned b4 my holiday. nick. just act normal. don’t do anything they did not ask of you. don’t be a hero. be one of the normal chaps. blend in. so I did.
they shouted. I obeyed. did every thing they asked of me. quite happy myself I would say. look and learn. open your ears but don’t act out. open and absorb. don’t throw back. BLEND IN.

so we sat in the hot sun while they sorted out the paper work. who goes to which platoon shit like that. which bunk. normal first day in an army camp I suppose.
as I was the only other “ ang mor” in the whole intake ( later I found out there was 2 of us), I knew I was gonna get picked on by them ppl in greens. so sure as shit is black or brown, up came one of them. looked at me. leaned in, smelled the stuff I drank the night before, asked, “ u drunk? drinking last night is it?”

“er, no sir! not drunk. last night party till this morning 4am lei”. to admit, I think I was pissed. I was still swaying on my feet. guessed he did not like it. bet he was thinking how come this ang mor speak singlish so well and seems drunk.

“ I am sergeant. don’t call me o-cifer.” knock it down 20 recruit. looked at him. wtf? knock wad down?

So I was the first joker to do 20 push ups on that island. very proud of it too I must say.
that guy was to be one of my platoon sergeant’s as I found out later.
after the push ups, I guessed every one knew bout me. lol. no issue with it. still trying to blend in. but I guess I blew that huh?

after sweating in the sun for a while, off to our hotel rooms we went. nice. no aircon, but nice. large fans. open sided high walls. double bunks. a cabinet in-between each bunk. fuk this is nice. gonna be a fun BMT on this island.)

did we know how to unpack? they don’t think so. did we know how to line up items? nope. we sucked at it.? nope. we knew fuk all as to their standards.

told to dump all stuff after 30 mins. all fall in. time to feed the animals. hehe. the first time we fell in, with the green top and green shorts and them stupid black Physical training shoes.

we lined up outside. in a mess of cause. but other than a bit of shouting, we did not get “ tekan`ed”. first few hours in the army they did not push us. but I knew it will come in the next few days and weeks. prepared? I sure was.

Lunch. not bad. too little I think, but not bad. lined up. got the tray. got food dumped on it. did not ask for extras lol. even the cooks looked at us with distaste.

NOTE: the input of food in what ever format has been “ researched” by certain departments in the think tank part of the saf.  the amount of calories, fat, salt, sugar in fact all. no I have no problem with it. My cousin works in that department. am fore warned. Down the years it has been fine-tuned. but fuk give more la! so damm little.

we were not trainees in the ranger course. we did not have to eat in three minutes. we had bout 10 mins I think. and also the whole bloody camp was in line. went to the washing up area. tray back to the rack. fell in again. half fuk march back to the bunk.

rested. got called out again. pull up time. fuking chin up bar. did 8. need more training I guess.

NOTE: every time we fell in for what ever, it’s the chin up bar. could do 14 no problem by the time I left that island.

off to the barber than. long q. no matter. we were doing something. waiting to get the dreaded hair cut. fuk la. wads so dreading bout it? no hair better yes? use less soap. use less shampoo. no need to comb. no need to maintain. simple. some ppl looked so sad when their turn came.

half fuk march back to the bunk. we all looked the same! same round ball on neck, same green shirt, same green shorts, same stupid shitty black shoes. hahaha. when I looked at my self in the mirror, I pissed myself with laughter! liking the new hair cut dude!  heard that some chicks like bald headed army guys. maybe I can hook one of them when I book out in 3 weeks time.)))

Learning to bounce a coin on the bed. simple. just make the bed in the right way. pulled tight outwards and tucked in nicely under the bed. a coin will really bounce. sometimes if not, them in green they tend to like to overturn your bed and get you doing it all again.
wankers. but I know why they do it. to drill into us noobs to follow orders, to work hard to get to something, to press on no matter what, never give up.
Boots. Kiwi. damm. takes a long time to get that dam leather shiny!
some say burn the wax. some say use a spoon.
some say burn and rub. some say spit on it.
some say rub, burn, spit and spoon it all at the same time.
knn, I always wondered why must it be such. are we to shine on the parade square looking good? or are we to get muddy and kill the enemy? always hated the polishing of them boots. maybe its to get us to do something when theres fuk all to do?

all this bunk shit, boots shit, shouted at shit I know they do for a reason. to break us down and than train us as proper soldiers. gota be done.

day 1 passed. not too bad. ok wad. the corporals  and 3 strips not too bad lei. only saw the o-cifer once in the day when he came to look at his new batch of noobs. He left us in 5 weeks. ROD lor.

As the days went by, we got better at it. cleaning the toilets, cleaning the area, making a coin bouncing bed, dust free lockers, nice shining black combat boots, room free of dirt, toilets where you can sleep in and sparkling shit bowls. we were getting the hang of it all.

well, that’s day 1. 




No comments:

Post a Comment